A brief maintenance release for Alpha 2 is now available. This update fixes some bugs related to the installer.
View the changelog below (download here):
- Fixed bug with logger settings not being saved during installation.
- Fixed bug where defining a custom namespace did not result in correctly generated source files and configuration settings.
Alpha 2 is now available for download. Quite a few additions and improvements have been made, so take a look! Some noteworthy additions are full Twitter API support, database data/structure importing and exporting with SQL, XML, YAML, and CSV, and multi-controller delegation.
View the changelog below (download here):
- Fixed bug where YAML indentation would not be consistent in the YAML data class. Nested arrays and other data types are now handled properly.
- PHP error reporting is now configurable through the main config file.
- Controller delegation has been expanded to support multiple class hierarchies. For example, if the application doesn’t have a matching controller, it should look for a built-in Bedrock controller, etc.
- Added CSV, XML, and YAML support to the model layer for importing and exporting data and structure.
- Changed the current implementation of the logger to use “target” classes instead of “output streams.”
- Added a common “Target” interface that can be implemented to add third-party support to the logger.
- Added sample application files to framework files, including recommended directory structure.
- Added initial version of the plugin API.
- Added basic user authentication support with initial support for database-based authentication.
- Added support for REST based services.
- Added a Twitter service mapping all official Twitter API calls.
Hot out of the oven is the latest update to Alpha 1. Included with this release are a number of fixes for the installer, and brand new data formatting library.
For those of you that are into the nitty gritty, here’s the changelog (download here):
- Updated installer UI for improved compatibility with Internet Explorer.
- Shortened the timezone dropdown in the installer so that it doesn’t overflow its container.
- Fixed problem with installer navigation breaking after viewing step 4.
- Added automatic creation of base application classes and files during installation.
- Added permissions check to installer validation process following user-specified directories (step 2).
- Added a unified library for handling data formats (to replace other classes and reduce redundancy). Includes support for CSV, JSON, and YAML.
To help simplify the process of setting up a Bedrock application, we’ve added a nifty little installer app to help you get things set up. Currently it handles all the basics, including system requirement checks, directory settings, database settings, and a few other miscellaneous configuration options.
Rather than waiting until Alpha 2, I thought it might be nice to release it right away. To get it, grab the latest release and navigate your browser to the public root of the application once you extract the files.
Flickr Tag Error: Bad call to display set '72157617262705676'
Error state follows:
- stat: fail
- code: 95
- message: SSL is required
If you run into any problems, or find the installer not working as expected, drop by the forums and let us know!
Today marks Bedrock Framework’s first publicly available preview! This pre-release version includes all of the framework’s core functionality, and a few extra bells and whistles to keep things interesting.
Because this is a pre-release alpha, it is not recommended for use in production environments. That being said, I think you will be happy with what is already available:
- Bedrock Core
- Nestable Controller Objects
- ORM Database Engine
- Theme-able View Objects
- Stack-Aware Logging
- Additional Features
- Growl Support
- FireBug Support
- REST Data API
- Form Building/Validation Tools
So stop reading my boring post and go check it out! Feel free to drop us a line if you find any bugs/problems, or if you would like to get involved with the project. Documentation is still a work in progress, so ask in the forums if you can’t find the details you need.
Download: Bedrock Framework 0.1.0 Alpha 1